What is content curation?
- Creating internal audits of your website to easily spot omission and problems
- Identify under performing products and sections in order to improve sales
- Locate problem SEO areas in order to improve traffic
What can we do for you?
- Create orderable, searchable administration reports to identify problem areas
- Create a robust scalable administration system
- Create any administration panels you require for existing admin system to: insert, extract, update, manipulate or audit your data
Managing the content of a website in a very time consuming affair, as the amount of products, pages, stories, files and images goes up the headache get progressively larger
Building a robust and usable administration system is usually the last on the list of requirements when putting a site together as the benefit to the end user are not immediately apparent and the budget and available time is often diverted elsewhere. However the easier it is to identify issues, navigate to the relevant records and make changes the less time is spent and the less errors occur
Being able to visibly see how pages and products fit into the site structure and if there are any potential issues with why a page or product might not be performing to its optimum in either SEO or Sales terms might mean the difference between a sale or not. By making these improvements to the data itself it may mean an increase in hits or conversions, which may have the knock on effect of allowing a reduction in your Adword spend.
Below are examples of the sort of data we can display (and gather if required).
Typically we would display tabular view that can be ordered by clicking in the column heads so you can identify problem areas.
We can also display this information in chart view, typically when a problem is identified a button click would take you straight to the page required to amend the situation.
- How many units have been sold in the last month|six months|year what is the percentage change?
- How much traffic has the product had?
- What is the percentage of visits to purchases?
- How many times was it a landing page?
- How many times was the product bounced?
- How many times was it the last page a customer saw?
- How does the meta look, does the title h1 title and other content have common keywords?
- Did it ever feature in the internal search?
- Which supplier is linked to the products how is this product performing compared with their other products?
- Which sections does the product appear in (if none, its unlikely to get any traffic and therefore sales)?
- Are all the translations in place?
- Does it have images attached?
- When was the last time it was updated?
- Has it got images attached to it? with Alt tags?
- Has it got any files attached to it?
- Are there any associated recommended products?
- Is the product in stock, is this displayed on the site?
- What products are supplied by which suppliers?
- Which other products are supplied?
- How many unit sales have come form the supplier?
- How much revenue has been gained from a supplier?
- What is the profit margin of each product sold by a supplier?
- How many levels deep is the section e.g. how many clicks to get to it?
- How many products has it got, how many in stock?
- What is the price range of the products?
- Is the meta info correct?
- How many times and where are files (e.g. PDFs) in use?
- When was the file created and modified?
- How many times has the file been downloaded?
- What was the upload date of the file? and who uploaded it?
- Is it translated?